J&T Distribution Solution Sdn. Bhd. (hereinafter referred to as “J&T Distribution”, “We”, “Our”, or “Us”) is committed in protecting the personal information of our customers (hereinafter also referred to as “user”, “you” or “your”) and will take necessary and relevant measures to safeguard your personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”).
This Personal Data Protection Notice (hereinafter referred to as “Notice”) governs the manner in which J&T Distribution collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from the customers. This policy only applies to personal information of individuals that are processed for commercial transactions.
By providing your personal data to us, including any additional information which you may subsequently provide, you are consenting to this Notice and the collection, use, access, storage, transfer and processing of your personal data as described in this Notice.
We reserve the right to change any portion of this Notice from time to time. The amended Notice will be emailed to you, together with the effective date of the amendment. You are responsible to regularly review email sent to you by us to obtain timely notice of such changes.
The types of personal information that we collect from you (“Personal Data”) includes the following:
- a.Personally Identifiable information e.g. Name, photo, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport/identification card number, passport expiry date, passport issuing country and country of residence;
- b.Contact information e.g. address, email address and phone numbers;
- c.Payment information e.g. credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, card issuing bank, card issuing country, card expiry date and banking account details
- d.Any other information that may be reasonably required to facilitate our provision of service to you.
- e.Technical Information eg. IP address
How and When We Collect Your Personal Data
J&T Distribution may collect the Personal Data from you in the following manner:
- a.When you request for any services from us;
- b.in your course of communication with us (for example, when you email us for queries or submit your application or entry into a campaign, contest or promotional events organised by us);
- c.Register your interest or when you request for information (including through our online portal and other available channels) or when you respond to any of our marketing materials, customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.;
- d.Commence a business relationship with us;
- e.Visit or browse our website(s)/applications; and
- f.When we receive your Personal Data and Personal Data of other users from other third party service providers that have engaged our services
Other than the above, we may also obtain your personal data from third parties and such other sources where you have given your consent to the disclosure of information relating to you (for example, from your company) and where it is lawfully permitted.
Purpose of Data Collection:
The Personal Data is collected and processed for purposes which may include the following (“Purpose”):
- a.For administrative purpose that is essential in the provision of our services to you including processing your application, request, registration for or subscription of the services provided by us, services and/or use of our website;
- b.For communication purposes including sending notification to you via email, phone calls, facsimile, short message service, social media and other services regarding change in terms and conditions of our services, responding to your enquiries or complaints;
- c.For carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for processing the payment transactions, delivery of notice, forms, letters and other documents necessarily required;
- d.For statistical and marketing analysis. Information system management, system testing, maintenance and development of our services;
- e.For marketing purposes including distribution of our newsletter or other promotional materials in respect of our services;
- f.Prevention, hindrance, reporting of any criminal activities including but not limited to, fraud, bribery and money laundering;
- g.Compliance to any legal requirements and/or to make any disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulations, directions, court orders, guidelines, circulars, codes which are applicable to us;
- h.For internal records and maintenance of our user database;
- i.For company’s credit risk management and credibility worthiness check of its users; and
- j.To monitor, review and improve the company’s services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
J&T Distribution may disclose your personal data to the following parties only for the purposes as stated above:
- a.Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- b.The individuals, companies and organisations that act as our vendors, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers;
- c.Agents and service providers who provide services relating to the purposes of which the personal data is collected including data processing services;
- d.Our third-party service providers as we deem necessary or appropriate;
- e.Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality with J&T Distribution and who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such information confidential; and
- f.the enforcement, regulatory and governmental agencies whenever required by law
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines, and/or obligations) applicable to J&T Distribution. The afore-mentioned third parties may in some instances be located outside of Malaysia.
J&T Distribution will not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent unless such personal data is required by law or in good faith and such action is necessary to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes.
However, to ensure that you will not receive unwanted communications, only information with regards to promotions, offers or services which are relevant to your transaction with us, or that you have selected or marked as interested in your account, will be shared with the respective business partners, service providers or third parties.
Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by J&T Distribution as long as it is necessary and expedient for the fulfillment of any purpose as stated above pursuant to our internal practices, regulatory requirements, legal and accounting requirements.
It is your obligation to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we are unable to process your personal data on your behalf for the purposes stated in this Notice, or effectively render our services to you and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
If you do not wish for your personal data to be collected via cookies on this website, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Your Data Protection Rights
J&T Distribution would like to make sure that you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following rights:
- a. Right to request access to personal data
Subject to a payment of small fee, you are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
- b. Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date with reasonable notice.
- c. Right to Erasure
You have the right to request J&T Distribution to erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- d. Right to restrict processing
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full your consent given previously including for us to send any advertising and marketing materials or for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
- e. The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to J&T Distribution’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- f. The right to data portability
You have the right to request J&T Distribution to transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Access and Correction
You may access, correct or update your Personal Data by submitting your request in writing or via email to the contact details provided below.
If there are any changes to your Personal Data or if you wish to make a request to access or correct your Personal Data to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may make a written request to us.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply to your request to access or correct your Personal Data within twenty-one (21) days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Should you have any queries in relation to this Notice, kindly contact us at the following contact details:
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Level 3M, No. 73 Lorong Enggang Hulu Kelang FTZ, Seksyen 2, Bandar Hulu Kelang, 54200 Kuala Lumpur.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us through the contact details set out above.
If you have provided us Personal Data of third party individuals, you are required to obtain the individual's prior consent and you represent and warrant that you had or have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide their Personal Data to us. By providing us Personal Data of third party individual(s), you also warrant that the individual(s) is informed of and consents to the terms of this Notice.
In most instances, it is obligatory for you to provide us with your Personal Data in order to allow us to satisfy your request or provide you with the service that you have requested for. However, we will provide you with an avenue to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving marketing, communications, promotional offers, newsletters or any other communications from J&T Distribution.
Changes to this Notice
J&T Distribution reserves the right to amend or update this Notice at any time to reflect changes in the law, our business practices, processes or structure. We may amend this Notice from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions. Upon the update or amendment, J&T Distribution will post a notification on the site or in the app and revise the updated date accordingly. The user acknowledges and agrees that it is the user’s responsibility to review this Notice periodically and be aware of future modifications. By continuing to communicate with J&T Distribution or by continuing to use J&T Distribution’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, it shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.